Dr. Ingram is a visionary executive that founded and sold a successful information technology company. He has managed diverse organizations in different corporate environments while enhancing the performance of each organization. Recognized as a business and technology industry leader, Ingram is focused on developing organizations and their personnel by improving business models, business development, sales, marketing, delivery and operations. He is active in the technology community and is focused on making a positive impact on people and organizations.
CEO, 2001- Present
Provide management and consulting to enhance the performance of businesses. This involves
- Strategic plan development and implementation
- Enhancing financial, operational and business development capabilities
- Utilizing a statistical, proprietary technique to determine if a proposal is in the competitive zone and if not, the specific actions to get to the competitive zone
- Developing a viable exit strategy
- Transitioning a company from set aside contracts to full and open contracts
- Positioning a company for maximum sale value
Key accomplishments include;
- Transitioning a company from near bankruptcy to an Inc 5000 company with double digit profitability and a 30% increase in revenue.
- Positioning a services company to a strategic acquisition at 2.5 times revenue.
- Developed and implemented management processes and reporting that provided the CEO with timely visibility across multiple divisions thereby avoiding significant financial risk.
- Enabled a company with set aside contracts to be successful in the full and open environment.
- Major role in the sale of a number of technology companies.
- Advisor to the President in the areas of business development and strategic positioning
- Successful transition from set aside contracts to full and open contracts
- Utilized a statistical, proprietary technique to determine if a proposal is in the competitive range
Professional Activities, 2013-2016
- CEO consulting engagements
- NVTC Activities
Centurion Research Solutions, Managing Director, Analytics Competency Center, 2010- 2013
- Responsible for development and roll out of the Opportunity Assessment NOW (OAN) analytics program, proven to improve win rates while decreasing B&P expenses and optimizing resource utilization.
- Develop and implement the Strategic Plan
- Responsible for overall product direction
- Centurion was acquired by Deltek
Community Contribution and Professional Activities, 2001-2010
- Suburban Hospital Foundation, Suburban Hospital Board
- Suburban Hospital was acquired by Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Board Participation: Focal Point, Linmor, Capital Tech Search, Remit Pro
- Team CXO consulting
President, US Sales and Consulting Services
Managed the sales and operations of an enterprise that provided a full spectrum of integrated solutions from access and hosting to development applications with revenue of $500M and 1800 personnel. Key accomplishments included;
- Exceeded plan for revenue and earnings
- Establishing a cohesive, integrated organization to provide access and consulting solutions
- Establishing and communicating a strategic vision that was successful in the marketplace
- Established infrastructure for the integrated organization to function effectively. This included implementing management, business development and operational processes.
Vice President, Mid-Atlantic Region
Managed the sales and operations of the $50M Mid-Atlantic region consisting of consulting branch offices and hosting centers. This included financial performance (P&L, EBITDA, Revenue, A/R and utilization), sales performance (new sales, renewals and up sells) and the integration of access/web hosting and management and technology (IT) consulting businesses. Key client/partners included: State of North Carolina, Fairfax County, Massey Coal, IBM and Lockheed Martin.
- Exceeded plan for Revenue and profit
- Realigned sales and delivery focus for 25% increase in profitability and delighted customers
- Established integrated consulting/ web hosting offerings
Metamor Worldwide, 1998-2000
Executive Vice President, System Services
Managed the System Services vertical which consisted of $30M in revenue and 300 personnel. Responsible for all aspects of financial performance (P&L, EBITDA, Revenue and A/R), operations, sales and delivery. Business units were in four major cities and consisted of Consulting, CRM, system development and web development. Major clients included; Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter, Carlson, Fairfax County and IBM.
- Exceeded plan for revenue and earnings
- Joint development venture with Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter
- Augmented CRM offerings with consulting services
- Metamor was acquired by PSINet in 2000.
LCT, CEO and President, 1985-1998
Founded LCT as an Information Technology company. LCT’s vision was to become recognized as an industry leader in Project Management and Customer Responsive Solutions. Significant accomplishments included;
- Listed in Washington Technology Fast 50, three years
- 1997 IT Business of the Year, Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce
- 1998 Nagano Olympics; Responsible for providing Project Management to IBM and Nagano Olympic Organizing Committee.
- Exceptional revenue growth and profitability
- Quality Supplier of the Year Award from Lockheed Martin, 1997
- Developed and sold a commercially available software product to automate the proposal process, Proposal Solution System
- LCT was sold to Metamor Worldwide in March 1998
Planning Research Corporation
Vice President, 1982-1985
Responsible for Systems Engineering for PRC’s Government Information Systems. This included developing the Systems Engineering and Program Management processes as well as supporting the Capture process for the Government Systems Business Units.
IBM, Senior Manager, 1973-1982
Responsible for the performance of the Space Shuttle ground and on-board computers. Received IBM Outstanding Contribution Award for Ground Shuttle Proposal. Achieved Sales and Business Development Awards each year. Won major DoD contract to support the Space Shuttle.
Developed analytical techniques to predict the position and velocity of a satellite orbiting the earth. Developed the real time orbit determination method for the lunar landing.
BA, Physics, Pepperdine University, 1963
MA, Mathematics, Pepperdine University, 1965
PhD, Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas, 1970
IBM Management Courses
Executive Program, Darden Business School, University of Virginia, 1993
RemitPro, Executive Chairman of the Board, RemitPro is a technology provider focused on treasury management and risk management applications in a service bureau environment. RemitPro offers Remote Deposit Capture, Check 21 solutions and ACH solutions to facilitate cash receipt processing. RemitPro was sold to Financial Systems.
LeapFrog Solutions, Chairman, Board of Advisors, LeapFrog Solutions is a leading marketing communications company in Northern Virginia (annual sales under $10M). 2001- 2008
Suburban Hospital Foundation, Chairman Board of Directors; Established the single year record for funds raised. 2004-2009
Suburban Hospital System Board, member Governance and Medical Quality committees, 2005- 2009
Capital TechSearch, Board of Advisors, Capital TechSearch is an executive search and IT staffing company (annual sales under $10M)
Linmor, Board of Directors, Chairman of Governance Committee, and Linmor is a Canadian based technology company offering appliance solutions to network management. Linmor was sold in 2004. 2002-2004
Northern Virginia Technology Council, Board of Directors, Member of the Executive Committee, 1991-2001
Northern Virginia Technology Council, Member of Senior Advisory Board, 2014- Present
Focus Point Communications, Member, Board of Directors, Internet Company specializing in providing e-commerce solutions to small retail companies in Northern Virginia (annual sales under $10 M), 2002-2003